AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another ? about Christian Healthshare Ministries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Grain Hay Cattle
Posted 11/11/2016 13:29 (#5631607 - in reply to #5631194)
Subject: RE: Another ? about Christian Healthshare Ministries

SW Ohio
We have been members for nearly a year. I did speak with a rep before enrolling to ask a few questions. Then I signed up online which was very easy. A few weeks later I received our cards in the mail along with our detailed program packet. When we adopted our son a month and half ago, I just called and told them and they sent a card saying when we have his SSN to let them know, but everything is good even until then. I still cannot believe how easy everything has been. We (my husband, myself and two boys) are all on the GOLD level and have Brother's Keeper. So far the only little drawback has been prescription costs for little things (strep or sinus infections), BUT we are saving more than $3,500 a year when we signed up (now it would be more with another little one in the house and increased insurance costs). Good rx helps some with prescription costs and it is free to sign up for... google it. The pharmacies we use are very familiar with it.

Something also to mention that didn't affect us, but might others. You pay out of pocket for well checks and random office visits. We were already doing this because the discount with cash pay at the dr office was less than we paid after it went through our insurance. Now if we were going to the office as a follow up to an accident or illness that exceeded our $500 for the accident, then those visits would be covered. What you have to think about is even though you are paying more at the time for dr visits and prescriptions, you are still saving a tremendous amount of money over your current health insurance.

We are very happy with the switch. They send out monthly newsletter with tips and testimonials. They will also negotiate lower cost with hospitals.

I looked back to the questions in the post and here are the short answers:
1. Pay monthly contribution and annual/quarterly fees for Brother's Keeper.
2. It is all so easy it is hard to believe.
3. We have not had an larger claims; however, we have had many specific questions concerning unique situations and they have been very helpful and thorough in their explanations
4. Very happy, very satisfied. Not going to lie... It is a total relief not having to even think about how much insurance is going to increase this next year. There is no fear of "how are we going to afford that..."

How that was long! Let me know if you have any other question.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)