AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

swordfish7769
Posted 11/10/2016 08:59 (#5629349 - in reply to #5628140)
Subject: RE: Electric fence

NW, IN
I am with some of the others. Working one day and then not the next....sounds like you have a short, not a grounding issue. How do you check your fence? On 4-wheeler? I would suggest if possible to walk the fence. Sometimes the wheeler will drown out the sound of the "tick". Then again I have had ground outs that I heard half way across the pasture. Also, if you can, check it at night. You will be able to see the arcing of the wire. What if you tested runs separately? From charger to the first corner, disconnect at the far corner and take a reading how is it? If good, hook the next run back up and disconnect at the next corner and go until you find it. I am in the Sand hills of NW Indiana. When I say sand, I literally mean sand like a beach almost. I have a cheap store bought fencer and running 1 ground rod ( a system I have not had time to upgrade just yet). I have single and double run electric around 70 acres and with in that area as well. I have 4K volts and minimal amps during the hot dry summer and know of 2 different locations that need fixed to get me back to 5K. My ground rod has been in for 10 plus years installed by my father in law. Yours should be working like a champ with three ground rods. Take some time and systematically cancel out different sections and you will probably find it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)