AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who gives combine rides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mikado
Posted 11/6/2016 20:42 (#5622332 - in reply to #5622137)
Subject: RE: Who gives combine rides

SW WI
1 day a couple of years ago, my wife and I noticed a SUV stopped and watching us. I was doing a very small field along a county road. My wife usually hauls with cart or truck so she had some time while I was maneuvering around. Wife struck up a conversation with the occupants of the SUV. Turned out it was a mom with about 4 kids and they were home schooled so we thought it would be a good "education" to show them and give them a ride. All were very courteous and appreciative. Really made the moms day since 1 of her boys were having vision problems and the prognosis was that eventually he would go blind. Got a Christmas card from them and again very appreciative.

They showed up this year again and just watched for awhile. They were traveling past and all were wondering if "the combine people" would be working again. Sure enough, we were. My wife talked to them some, they just wanted to watch, and the mom said the boy with the vision problems was actually doing very well. So much so that the doctors are thinking he will keep his vision.

Nice family and it felt good to do something that complete strangers were very appreciative of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)