AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

925F John Deere platform - vibration issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Deere6
Posted 11/6/2016 20:15 (#5622234 - in reply to #5620338)
Subject: RE: 925F John Deere platform - vibration issue

Thanks for all input above. To answer some questions we have adjusted all tensioners and spring shock absorbers on the wobble box according to the manual with no luck. The ground speed isn't a huge issue because we can normally only cut around 4 mph, but about 4.5 is top speed with it even with all new sickle and guards so we definately don't want to slow it down any more. As some said we could get a smaller pulley so that the auger and FH will still run at normal speed while cutterbar is slowed down. The problem I have with this is I cannot imagine someone would have used this platform with that vibration for very long, all pulleys appear original so something has to be wore out causing the problem. I am not saying that slowing it down wouldn't help but that just seems like a bandaid to a bigger problem.
A question on the "wishbone" type piece that supports the wobble box. I noticed the tech replaced the ball joint on the one end of it but I did not look close enough to see if there were more bushings or other parts that should have also been changed, maybe there is?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)