AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NAT approved new police tool?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rebuilder
Posted 11/6/2016 10:51 (#5621139 - in reply to #5620769)
Subject: RE: NAT approved new police tool?

Bourbon,Indiana

Hmm, that's interesting Lowell.

But, while I'm not trying to poo-poo the idea, I don't think that would work in most of the pursuits my Bride has taken part in or described. There are just too many factors and unkowns like how other drivers will react, etc. Maybe in low speed pursuits it would be more effective? While they showed a weaving example, I would say that environment was still fairly controlled.

They thought the "stop sticks" would be great when they came out. And to be sure...they have been effective in stopping many pursuits. But there are many more where, by the time they coordinated where the suspect was headed and laid the sticks, they suddenly changed course, avoided the sticks, or the sticks damaged the LEO's vehicles instead. I know of one instance where a kid in a Camaro was rolling in in a high speed and the officer basically had time to toss the sticks out and jump out of the way (barely). If I recall correctly, that ended up with the Camaro wrecking. I don't remember if he even hit the sticks or not.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)