AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever done a Caribbean island vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DC swIL
Posted 11/6/2016 10:44 (#5621129 - in reply to #5620647)
Subject: RE: Anyone ever done a Caribbean island vacation

We have been to Roatan (Honduras), St Croix and St Thomas (twice). I love to snorkel from the shore and I could do that on all 3 islands, (in the middle of winter by the way). Roatan had the best snorkeling I have ever seen. I would love to go back there but fights there are very costly. We rented a condo from vrbo each time and that worked out great. Just buy a few groceries and eat breakfast and lunch in the condo each day, then go out for a nice dinner. On the US Virgin Islands we rented a car and drove ourselves around. This was an adventure as they drive on the left side of the road with American made cars. But, we got the hang of it easy enough and a car is pretty much a necessity there. On Roatan we were not brave enough to rent a car and drive around. We stayed on West Bay and were able to walk on the beach to different restaurants each night. We went to Florida last winter and had fun but we hit a cold spell and were not able to do anything in the water. I missed that a lot. No winter trip for us this year though as we are building a house. That is taking all our time and $$.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)