AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

insulating and metal for inside of building
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 1/7/2009 20:27 (#561877 - in reply to #561539)
Subject: RE: you are paying exactly what this advice is worth

Iowa
From Morton, you can get a roll of insulation that fits tightly in between poles on sidewalls. Carry ends of it up above ceiling height, unroll it, cover it up. EASY. Just run 2X4's horizontally nailed to the inside of the poles to attach inside walls to. The blow in on sidewalls will settle. Guaranteed, no matter what they say.

Heavier gauge "liner panel" with deeper ribs is engineered to carry the weight of the blown-in and span the distance between Morton's "raised chord" trusses without purlins. You can order this from most any reputable metal manufacturer cheaper than using Morton's liner steel. I have done three Mortons like this--easier and cheaper. Always did it myself with Morton's blessing. They actually photocopied their instruction manual on how to do it this way and left it for me for my first one.

Put all electrical and air on after steel surface-mounted. Easier to repair, no rodent damage, no nailing through it later, cheaper insurance rates(no fires possible from rodents chewing through wiring).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)