AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle trucker rant.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jedstivers
Posted 11/4/2016 20:28 (#5618586 - in reply to #5618383)
Subject: RE: Cattle trucker rant.

Marianna Arkansas
a4t-1600 - 11/4/2016 18:18

Well I am sure you could get in one and drive it and get your intelligence tested as well. It isn't always the drivers fault on this kind of deal. In my experience when I load a load that I get told to head a direction with no destination the cattle are trailer trash and been moved barn to barn until the right order buyer can put them in a home. If these cattle dont meet the OPs expectations we will know who needs the intelligence test.

I have one that loaded in Nevada at 10 am that the destination is head east------------its my son and the cattle are trash. After looking a cell phone video I guessed on his destination and its going to be fun to see how close I am. Personally I would like to be out of the gloom and doom trailer business myself. We are dealing with order buyers that are following in their fathers footsteps most generally and they are no way a representation of their fathers. Seeing lots of slow pay this year and its really odd my banker wont use accounts receivable to make the payments------just cash.

One more small thing--------there was back haul truck referenced by the OP. If you value your cattle cutting corners like this usually costs more than its worth. Who knows he might of had 11 head that had to go on and he doesnt want to admit it at this point or let anyone find out

They should at least own a map. I've gotten calls before wanting to know where to bring the cattle to. Try and explain how to get from Alabama to Arkansas to a trucker with no map and doesn't really know where he is at the moment either.
Yeah, some of them need a touch more IQ.
I might not be a good truck driver but I'd be one that owned and could read a map.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)