AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2017 weed stratigies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 11/3/2016 11:03 (#5615893 - in reply to #5615492)
Subject: RE: 2017 weed stratigies

South Central Iowa
If you are planning on killing it post, with the blazer or reflex, I would use a generic version of classic or pursuit, such as curio or thunder respectively. I have never killed waterhemp with the als family, but it works on velvetleaf and would give you some residual which the blazer wouldn't anyway. Also if killing it post, make sure to use ams and coc or mso because the velvetleaf, as its name implies, has a fine mat of hairs and the can prevent the chemical from penetrating to the leaf cuticle. You're not suppose to use coc with glyphosate, but I did notice that it helped generic, non-loaded glyphosate kill velvetleaf. That may be your trouble, but I wouldn't think so if you are using a name brand, loaded glyphosate like touchdown, Durango dma, or Round-Up itself.

You really should use a pre emergent herbicide as well. If going on the cheap, use a generic sencor or boundary. Boundary has sencor and dual and that is the route I would go. I would then post with reflex and pursuit around 3rd trifoliate. Generic Boundary would run in the low teens and generic reflex and pursuit might be $16-17. Add in adjuvants and maybe 24-d or glyphosate with burn down and you should be looking at $35 chemical cost alone and it should do a very good job for you.

Edited by Conan the Farmer 11/3/2016 11:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)