AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about AI...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

zfisher70
Posted 11/3/2016 09:06 (#5615723 - in reply to #5615596)
Subject: RE: Thinking about AI...

VA
Depends how many head you got but can pick up used tanks for 150 or 250 bucks. Mine gets filled every 6 to 7 weeks year round. If you don't do much or any embryos just see if your rep will store your semen or just sell what you use (they will do this if your not a who** and loyal to 1 company) I use the 14 day CIDR protocol ( it actually takes 30 to 33 days) for heifers and the 7 day protocol for cows (actually takes 10 days) both are timed programs breed whether they are in heat or not. Turn Bulls out 2 days later. Works for me not everybody though I average about 70 percent on heifers and about 75 on cows past 3 years using this protocol. I know how to AI but still pay tech he charges me 3 bucks a head because I buy all my semen from him and is a good friend. It's like this he does it everyday and I don't so he is in practice and if he picks up the extra 1 or 2 head he pays for himself. It's faster to because I can handle the semen while he breeds. What are you trying to improve in your herd I might can recommend some Bulls. I agree with the ABS recommendation they have some really fundamentally sound Bulls and focus on real world needs not just huge numbers
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)