AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are you good at?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmingthehills
Posted 11/2/2016 19:20 (#5614540 - in reply to #5614408)
Subject: RE: What are you good at?

Blue Mountains, SE Washington State
You know what? You're AWESOME at being a farmer!! That's something to celebrate! I took a job working at a local hotel about 6 weeks ago. It's a top-notch facility with a great reputation. We are located right in the heart of hillside farming in Southeastern Washington State. We have travelers through here from all across North America. Most all of them have absolutely no clue what it takes to put food on their tables. I love visiting with them and sharing just how far farming has come in the past 20 years.

When I married my husband in 1994, he was farming the hills with old metal-tracked Caterpillars. He'd put the noise-cancelling earmuffs on at the beginning of the day and when he got home at night, the only clean place on him was around his ears! Think about today's technology. There's a HUGE reason you've got to be a jack-of-all-trades. If you're not, you won't be successful. When I tell the hotel guests that my husband's tractor doesn't even need him to touch the steering wheel because he can program A/B lines for the tractor to travel, their jaws hit the floor.

Celebrate your ability to adapt and to know a little bit about a bunch of stuff. It's what makes you who you are!!!!! And it's what feeds the world! <3
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)