AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are you being quoted.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mr.G
Posted 11/2/2016 07:56 (#5613405 - in reply to #5613061)
Subject: RE: What are you being quoted.

East central South Dakota
carlsoncl - 11/1/2016 23:23

Wife owns a Beauty shop, I feed cattle and farm....both self employed. 5 years ago I quit my job at FCSA to obtain my dream of feeding and farming full time. We have 2 children under 12 years old now. Before Obama care (5 years ago) we bought a health insurance policy on the family for $298/month 10k family deduct with HSA. Our policy has been cancelled.....company left the state. Was quoted $1289 month for a 13500 family deduct with an HSA today. This is the second time our policy has been cancelled because the carrier said were out. All that is available is a policy backed by one of our 2 major hospitals in the region. I am just absolutely frustrated, and mad. What does one do. $1289 a month is a lot of hair cuts or quite a few fed steers. Obamacare is CRUSHING the hard working middle class and I've had it! Rant over.

We got quoted something very similar on an Avera plan but $2500 deductible/$11,600 max out of pocket. Same company was $1200 for a $4,000/$8,000 HSA. We might go with wife's group plan at work....same dollars but better coverage. It's crap twice....crap load of money and a bunch of crap that this goes up 30% a year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)