AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WW1 Era Rural Ontario Photos ... Name That Town
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 11/1/2016 19:36 (#5612503 - in reply to #5610671)
Subject: RE: WW1 Era Rural Ontario Photos ... Name That Town

Elmira, Ontario

I had the strangest thought that nothing in the photos is incompatible with Elmira. The general terrain, vegetation and building styles definitely look like this area.

The Woolwich Agricultural Society had a race track here up to about 12 years ago. The Society was established back in the 1850's so could well have had a track of that size by the time of these photos. In the various photos, I can see details that could have been that way in the past, based on the fact the current houses surrounding the race track location are all well newer than these photos. There is one house in the third photo that is located in the right spot for an existing farm house, but the front of the building doesn't look quite right compared to the current house.

If my crazy speculation is correct, then photo 3 would have my house that I just bought situated in it.

I'm hoping to hit the local library soon to see whether they have any historical resource materials. If I find anything that supports this idea, I'll let you know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)