AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

haunted or creepy machinery stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 10/31/2016 22:38 (#5611468 - in reply to #5611302)
Subject: great stories, i hope my wife doesnt read this thread!

Pierce county WI
So I'm caught up to the Lowry, so I'll tell you my creepy story. I grew up on my parents farm, and also my neighbors farm, as I helped them with chores starting when I was 12 (they paid!). The farm I own and live on is neither of those farms. All three farms have or had 2 story dairy barns on them. That is one of the creepiest places on a farm. The hay mow at night would scare the heck out of me. In the winter I would try to get hay and bedding down in the daylight. I sold my dairy herd in 2008, I was 30 years old. You would think I'd have gotten over my fear of the hay mow at night by then, nope! I can't remember which ethnic group designed round barns so they're wouldn't be any corners. They thought the devil hid in the corner of the barn. Ok, back to my farm. The farm had one family that owned it for a very long time. The house was built in 1909, and it was not a real typical Wisconsin farm house. It's a cool old Victorian. The craftsmanship of the house is beautiful. It was the pride of this family. Another owner owned it for about 12 years before I bought it. When I moved in I was 26 years old. I was still partying and having fun, while taking care of my dairy farm. Little things happened sometimes, like a door being opened when it should've been closed. The tv turning on, every once in a while, nothing big. Well after about 2 years I started having a dream that someone was holding me down. I'd wake up and the time was the same time. This happened a few times. Then one night I'm out cutting hay. I had a 9' haybine back then and I'd have to cut all night to get enough for my friend and I to chop the next day. I was cutting with my 4450. I must've been tired, so I tilted the wheel out of the way and leaned my head back against the cab window and shut my eyes. I woke up to someone trying to pull me through the back window of the tractor. I was fighting to pull myself back in, and all at once I woke up. My dream was in real time! After that I had a conversation to the house, yes, I really had a conversation out loud to a house. I just said that I was trying to be a good farmer and they should be happy that someone is still farming the farm. As many farms just get the buildings surveyed off, and no one uses the buildings. After that no other problems. I got woken up in the middle of the night every now and then, but for a good reason. Once, a heifer was calving and having trouble. I woke up and just knew something was wrong in the barn. Once I woke up because a pipe broke in the basement. It hadn't been broke long at all, because there was only a little bit of water on the basement floor... I hope everyone had a good Halloween and the kids did well at getting a little extra candy to share with dad!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)