AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Colorado Ski Resorts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerFan
Posted 10/30/2016 20:42 (#5609284 - in reply to #5609205)
Subject: RE: Colorado Ski Resorts

central nebraska
Breck is a little more expensive. But it's a really neat little town. From there you can drive to keystone or Copper Mtn if you decide to try something else. Breckinridge is a family friendly resort and town.

We have done the VRBO route the last three times we went to Breckinridge. Being this close to Christmas it may be booked up. We have had very great experiences with VRBO. Some of the house rentals have a van service provided just call them and they will pick you up and drop you off wherever you want to go. That was a nice feature at one of the places we rented.

Copper Mtn used to have an area that you could learn to ski at and no lift ticket was needed. It was a small lift and didn't go very high up the mountain maybe 400-500 yards. Would be a great place to learn if it's still there.

I would recommend putting the boys in ski school together and let them enjoy their time with a ski instructor and if you and your wife have never skiid you two go together with a different instructor or group. It will probably be more enjoyable for everyone. The ski instructors are great at any resort you go to and they do a great job with the kids.

Plan on spending around $130/day for a lift ticket at Breckinridge and probably $60-100/day for ski rentals. Not sure what ski school costs anymore haven't done that in a number of years.

Your kids, if they are like mine, will probably want to try snow boarding. I would highly recommend learning to ski first to see if they like the mountain life first. Snowboarding is fun I have done both but it is brutally painful to learn it may ruin your experience for your first time.

Wear helmets, kids for sure no question about that.

You might want to look into Eldora ski resort. It is just outside of Boulder and an easy place to learn. I haven't been there in years but I've had friends take there young kids there and they had a good time. You could probably even stay in Boulder/Denver area and won't run out of things to do.

Have a great vacation when you go. Skiing is a great family outing. Enjoy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)