AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about a new office, need ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 10/29/2016 17:32 (#5606915 - in reply to #5606851)
Subject: RE: Thinking about a new office, need ideas

My new shop will be 12 years old already this Winter....and already my office needs a makeover....
My shop is attached to the office with 2 walk doors, but the diesel smoke and welding smoke takes it toll over time, so I will put automatic door closers on to help prevent the soot and dust from coming in.
The next mistake I did was my floor. I have floor heat, LOVE IT, and it has its own zone, so I keep it a little warmer in there versus the shop. What sucks is....that I epoxy painted it. Hate it....HATE IT !!!!!, I did everything by the book as far as prep and it still lifted. So...this winter after I clean, and repaint, I am going to do a tile laminate floor, expensive, but I like the look and should be easier to keep clean. My very close second option was to stain and resin coat....which is VERY nice too.
I have a bathroom with a shower ( more as a safety in case I get doused with a chemical than everyday use ), and a kitchenette. I have my desk, and then a large table in a "L" form which works nice for customers and sales people.
I have a lot of cabinets, but am going to install more, so MOST of the clutter can be put away...I hope...
My washer is in with my mechanical room and I like it there, and I have enough room I could have put it in the bathroom too.

I like your TV for projection idea. I have stereo system hooked into my computer, which I like.
Draw out a floor plan, so you know where you can have your copier/ printer, computer / desk, etc.

Install plenty of outlets and use good planning and GOOD lighting, especially if you want that conference table.

I would maybe even go as far as installing a dishwasher and still might yet.

If you like a lot of nick nacks ( toys / novelties ) for decorations, put them in glass or curio cabinets, so you dont have to clean the individual items.

My fireproof safe is also there and most of my files and documents are in color matched decor file cabinets. I like my blinds for window treatments too.

Lastly, I am going to have an air conditioner for next summer.

(P2150005.JPG)

(P2150006.jpg)

(P2150007.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P2150005.JPG (79KB - 49 downloads)
Attachments P2150006.jpg (94KB - 54 downloads)
Attachments P2150007.jpg (127KB - 47 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)