AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about a new office, need ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farm160
Posted 10/29/2016 17:21 (#5606899 - in reply to #5606868)
Subject: RE: Thinking about a new office, need ideas

NE Nebraska
Yes, do the heated floor but if you go with a fancy concrete finish make sure you see the concrete guys work first. If I were doing ours over again I'd just do a polished concrete-gray color.
We have stained concrete and it's scratched horribly. We have areas with two differing mottled colors - one with golden browns and an area with darker reddish black stain. Both show the dust, dirt and footprints. And wherever the roller chairs go its really scarred the surface. We have chair mats under the desk chairs, but not under the conference room chairs. We have carpet mats in the entry ways, but if gravel gets tracked in on a boot or I push the vacuum to get from rug to rug and dirt is in the roller wheel, it scratches. The installer initially used a wax on the concrete and kept telling us to just use more wax as needed and use a burnisher, but that didn't help. I've had a different concrete guy look at it and say the only fix would be to strip it off and start over. The concrete floor is easy to clean up with a damp mop - and bar none - it's the first thing people comment on when them come in our office because the color really looks good and is unique, but it's a pain in the A>>.
Most people just see the entryway and I have to work really hard to keep the dust and dirt off the darker color.

Ditto the idea of WD and fridge. Add a coffee station w/ Keurig.

On our farm office window ledges we put an onyx material which really cleans up nice. Depends on the type of windows you have tho.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)