AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An increase on my increase- health insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 10/28/2016 21:19 (#5605693 - in reply to #5605003)
Subject: RE: An increase on my increase- health insurance

nw NC
A good friend, age 62, told me two days ago that he received his rate notice for next year on the Obamacare policy that he started just this year. For this year, after Obamacare subsidy, he was paying $260./month. I did not see his notice but he said for 2017 it will be $922./month AFTER subsidy. That is a 355% increase!
This guy and his wife have always been small tobacco grower, a few milk cows to sell milk and butter to neighbors, a few calves to raise and sell as veal or beef to friends, a few chickens to sell eggs and a few hogs to kill and sell sausage to neighbors. These are hard working people who always made their own way, paid their bills and did without many things to pay for their health/medical insurance every year. After learning what his 2016 monthly premiums would have been on his privately purchased policy, his tax prep person last winter told him he should start the Obamacare, as he surely qualified and people like him were who it was designed to help. After poor weather and resulting poor tobacco crop this year he doesn't know how he can make it. A sad situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)