AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Healthcare question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

birdfarmer2199
Posted 10/28/2016 20:23 (#5605519 - in reply to #5605204)
Subject: RE: Healthcare question.

Cental Indiana
I get my insurance through my off farm job. Just re-enrolled in July. In August got a letter saying current insurance company will no longer offer insurance after Dec 31st. Employer is now scrambling to find something. Had a meeting earlier this week and owner was very concerned. He said 10 years ago he could go to 30 different companies to get quotes. Now only 5 ins companies left and only 3 that will talk to him. Sad sad state. He also said the he was told by someone in the health care field that they expect Obama care to die under its own weight by 2018. He went on to tell of a good friend of his who has trouble getting insurance because of a medical condition. He's self employed and signed up for Obama care 2 years ago. Premium was $400/month been told that next year or would be over $1500/month. He's sold his business and looking for a job with insurance. Our owner said to expect no less than 30% increase and don't be shocked to see over 50% IF we can get a quote and new insurance company by January.
Wife and I have been looking at other options but with a child with some medical conditions things aren't very pretty for us find other options. Basically medical costs are strangling our family like many other families.

Edited by birdfarmer2199 10/28/2016 20:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)