AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bean basis set price or roll for .11 cents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

zmracing
Posted 10/26/2016 18:57 (#5601678 - in reply to #5601435)
Subject: RE: bean basis set price or roll for .11 cents

west central MN

I can guarantee you that my bins have paid for themselves several times over. I have had very little corn in them the last 3 years that was not sold a long time before the corn hit the bins. I actually had corn that was sold in the spring of 2013 and sat in the bins until late summer of 2015. I was 2/3 beans in 2014 so I had extra bin room and there was plenty of carry in the market. The current basis on corn delivered to our nearest elevator now is 82 cents and that is typical for fall. I would think it is not too hard to pick up 25 to 35 cents carry and also an extra 25 cents on the basis. I built several bins when the cost was about 80 cents a bushel to build and now they are returning 50 to 60 cents every year for the last 3 years. I can also combine more acres with 1 combined and 3 trucks and 1 driver hauling home than my neighbor could combine with 2 combines and 6 trucks with 4 drivers sitting in line at the elevator paying their drying charges. I think the bins have a better ROI than anything on my farm. In 2009 we had very light test weight corn and huge discounts. I built a bin to carry that corn over and blended if off with the 2010 corn. I am pretty sure that bin paid for 75% of the purchase price within the first year we had it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)