AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Article writing thanks and request
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 10/24/2016 10:57 (#5597617)
Subject: Article writing thanks and request

south east Indiana
I wanted to say thanks to those of you who reached out to me when I asked to interview women involved in livestock production and the livestock grazing cover crop articles. The editor really enjoyed the " Not Just a Man's World " article - so much so gave me a bonus for the in depth interviews. The article will be published in Acres USA in Dec. Most Tractor Supply stores carry this magazine. The livestock and cover crop article will be in a later issue.

I am thinking about two similar type articles - seems they have plenty people to write about crops but I am one of few who writes about livestock, it is working so staying in that lane. One article is going to be about the benefits and challenges of guardian dogs. The other focused on using herding dogs. Since the interviews and individual producer perspective worked so well I would like to hear from folks that use guardian dogs and/or herding dogs. Would like people from across the country using them on different stock to gain a nice overall view of uses - benefits and challenges of raising, training, using...I need to include multiple species of dogs and stock to make it a great article.

We - livestock producers - often feel like the people not involved with stock do not understand the struggles or benefits of our lives - here is your chance to be heard.

My email is [email protected] I prefer to do phone interviews since I get a better 'feel' to write the story. Those folks that end up in the article- which is up to the editors - they like photos of you /family/ranch/farm - dogs/stock...
Thanks

Edited by denice.r 10/24/2016 10:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)