AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

570 lexion combine in beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 1/6/2009 09:26 (#559649 - in reply to #559288)
Subject: Re: 570 lexion combine in beans

I would not get the extended warranty unless your combine is being operated by people who don't know how to grease the combine. The Lexion, in my opinion, is a combine that will easily outlast any other make on the market if it is maintained properly, but will respond poorly with breakdowns if it is not properly maintained. That said, if you do your own maintenance like we do, and know what to grease and how frequently to do it, the combine will exceed your expectations and the extended warranty is a waste of money. If you just put a "driver" (not an operator) in the seat, then you better buy the extended warranty because you'll need it. Have run a 580R for 4 seasons and prior to that a 480R for 3. With the 580R and F540 header, we run 5 to 5.5 mph consistently. There is a good population of Lexions in this area, and the 570Rs that I know of are running around 4mph with a 40' head, maybe 4.5-5 mph with a 35' header, and 5.5 with a 30' head. A good deal of the ground speed has to do with yield and plant moisture.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)