AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roads Need Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 10/19/2016 21:35 (#5590510 - in reply to #5589299)
Subject: RE: Roads Need Help

Washington Co Ks
I've been hauling grain over a road like that also. Years ago there was some "free" federal money available so the county took it of course. They paved six miles of road that went past several good friends of one of the commissioners. They never really took care of it after that and age has taken it's toll. It had a big pothole one time that someone stuck a small cedar tree in. I broke a spring several years ago when I hit a soft spot and the load shifted to one side. Lucky to have kept control and stayed out of the ditch. They tore up about half of it and returned it to gravel. It is dusty but much improved over the potholes. Now they need to do something with the rest but there a few that insist that they want pavement. One of the main ones that wants it paved doesn't even live in the state. A year ago they spent a great deal of money to patch it up just before fall harvest with the understanding that come spring they would tear it up. Here it is a year later and harvest is upon us and the road is about as bad as before. I have told the commissioners that it is a hazard and they either need to fix it right or tear it up instead of spending money for short term fixes over and over. I say that if you drive six or eight miles on gravel on this road what good is two miles of broken up pavement doing. As you can see this is a sore spot for me. I could say more but will call it quits and say good night.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)