AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Success in Life
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 10/18/2016 12:29 (#5588073 - in reply to #5587584)
Subject: RE: Success in Life

North of London
Not sure the bible can be used in a science based look at how things work.

To be proven you need a hypothesis based in real things that can be replicated by others.

Any religion has nice things about it and encourages some nice things of its followers but why do we need old stories with no evidence to show they even happened to be a nice person and live a good life?
Why would following old dogma and rituals make a person feel any more comfortable that living in what can be shown to exist and to be real?

How does a good person get around some of the terrible things that are found in almost all religions with gods that kill and maim, or ask their followers to do so under the gods command?
How does a person decide what parts of any gods commands are good and what parts are bad as most religions have what most people consider bad or immoral things. Some of the worst problems and evil things happen when people think every word in their good book is to be taken literally and obeyed. That is where innocent people are hurt for trivial reasons if any reason at all.

I think people would be better to admit that THEY are making the decision about what is good and what is right to do in this life and, without any proof of a god, know that they are responsible for those decisions and they do not have a 'get out of jail free card' by claiming a god did it or asking for forgiveness from a god and getting off scot free.

Where I come from I am responsible for all those things and know my actions remain and until there is proof of some god will have to take full responsibility.

But as I pointed out to others if a religion works for you then go for it as long as you do not try to force your beliefs on others.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)