AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Production Ags disconnect with its consumers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

STFB
Posted 10/15/2016 11:22 (#5582370 - in reply to #5581656)
Subject: RE: Production Ags disconnect with its consumers

Northwest Ohio
I totally agree. The flip side is when we had gmo labelling push, Monsanto was putting out commercials of farmers and their daughter playing with a pig in the front yard.... Not their army of lawyers to catch people keeping seed or their spreadsheets showing why their tech fee is a fraction in foreign countries. Nope just good old American farm families in the commercial.

The part of the speech that kind of sunk home for me was as farmers we use science and the consumers are using a league of moms. When I was debating my cousin a few years back, she was citing mother earth news and I was citing the world health organization.... I didn't understand why she just wouldn't listen to me. Now a few years later I realize that it was more me not listening to her.

Being young I think a lot about the future and what it will be like for my kids. One of my biggest fears is if farmers loose the trust and support of the public, we could have era worse then the '80s.

Think about it... With out the public, who would bailout the farmers in a crash? The seed and chemical companies? Or maybe the processors like Adm or Conagra would save the farmers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)