AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Stby Generator question...Circuit Board help needed please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Busboy
Posted 1/4/2009 18:28 (#557426 - in reply to #557368)
Subject: RE: Another Stby Generator question...Circuit Board help needed please.

I feel a little bad about my ranting about Generac, but they really did have some major design issues with some of their boards. We fixed traces on a few, replaced a few components, but never figured out what was going on. When we replaced it the last time, it lasted for several years. I was always suspicious of voltage spikes coming off of the charging circuit, both running and trickle, but never nailed it down. I don't speak knuckle dragger, so the folks at Generac couldn't help. I think your vintage of machine would have had some Cat people overseeing things a little, but I may be wrong.

I'm going to my quiet space now...trying to forget the smell and sight of that thing the night she blew. I was pretty sure the shop was on fire. It was the night of the nations only F5 that year, and I thought we were going to add to the excitement of the day. Ended up with a unit made in SD, (Pivot Power) and put in an ASCO switch. We have had a few issues with the control unit for the genset, updating some ICs in it, but nothing lately. I think all of the units have a few issues now and then....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)