AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reloading equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Burgess159
Posted 10/10/2016 16:03 (#5574214 - in reply to #5574182)
Subject: RE: Reloading equipment

Troy, Missouri
Thanks. It seemed like the best buy for the money. That and it gives you room to grow. Also, I don't have to use it as a progressive in the beginning. Think I need to make sure I get everything down correctly and safely before I worry about mass production.

I don't know how much it would affect the performance of the shells, maybe nothing at all, or maybe a lot over time, but I researched case tumblers and found that the dry media ones don't really clean the inside of the cases or the primer hole; they just stay dirty. I would think over time, of getting powder buildup in the primer hole and inside the case, that it may affect the burning of the powder. That and dry media cleaners don't do that great a job of cleaning.

I came across the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Rotary tumbler that uses water, dish soap, lemon shine and stainless steel media and it does a heck of a job cleaning the outside, inside, and primer hole. Don't have that toy yet, but that is what I plan to get for a tumbler. So, that means I will de-prime everything first, clean it, then run the cases back through the press to get primed/ powdered, powder checked with the RCBS lockout die (on pistol cartridges. starting off with just 1 caliber; 45 ACP), seated, and then crimped.

After doing a lot of reading on seating and crimping in 1 step vs. 2 steps, I decided to go wit 2 steps as it seems easier to adjust. From a beginners point of view at least. Since with a 1 step, if you adjust the seat, you have to adjust the crimp now as well. Doing it in different steps, you can adjust 1 but not the other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)