AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowblower power requirements for different designs??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 1/4/2009 13:39 (#557100 - in reply to #557070)
Subject: RE: Do you have any experence with one ? (PIC)

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
iseedit - 1/5/2009 12:09

I have a "Arps" blower that operates on the same premise. It's a smaller machine though, and I've often figured it took more power then a "2stage" type machine. But there is a big difference between my Arps and the Lucke - the Arps is only 5ft and has a small auger / paddle pump as compared to the Lucke. I like what they say in there website - now, does it perform as advertised ?  

Yes, .............I think so ? I have never used any other than my front mount lucke, so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say the lucke blowers are quite popular in my area. In my area, the wind moves snow endlessly and grinds it down from fluffy snow to powerded ice which weighs and moves like white beach sand, very heavy stuff. The front mount is a little more of a pain to mount/remove, but is on the end with steerable wheels and looking forward.
Also the front mount helps in very deep compacted snow, as most tractors have several forward gears that are slower than reverse, so not so much clutch riding. I have managed to do some twisting of the long under tractor driveline with a 140 hp tractor. The model I have is an early one built about 25 years ago.

Edited by Jon Hagen 1/4/2009 13:42

(2150 V8.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2150 V8.JPG (25KB - 448 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)