AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Years plowing pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerard
Posted 1/4/2009 12:19 (#556996)
Subject: New Years plowing pics

Woodham, Ontario
This fall has been wet and cold and snowy... just awful. Over a month ago we got almost 2 feet of snow overnight, it fell on very wet ground. The cold weather didn't freeze the ground below so plowing was impossible and any attempts resulted in being very close to getting stuck after 30ft of trying to plow.

I gave up on plowing and pretty much expected to have to deal with the mess in the spring.

Last week everything melted and after creating some streams and lakes in our fields and some frost I was able to plow again. I plowed on the 31st, 1st and 2nd of January to get done. It was mostly cobmeal residue, with little bits of corn silage stubble. The headland is all corn silage stubble. The cobmeal residue was pretty good to plow, but the corn silage stubble is frozen solid. Most of the headland is too hard to plow with ice on top of it. If I could get the plow in the ground I was spinning tires. There were a few wet spots but those were not a nearly as big of a problem as expected, the 8120 pulled through a lot.

Now on to the pics:
The field with a light dusting and some frost:
Photobucket

And the plowing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Since I had someone else take the pics, you get a turning sequence! A huge unexpected advantage of the rolloverplow is how much faster you can turn around if you don't have to drive to the other land all the time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket