AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Stby Generator question...Circuit Board help needed please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 1/4/2009 10:21 (#556884 - in reply to #556783)
Subject: Re: Another Stby Generator question...Circuit Board help needed please.

East Central Arkansas
<p>We have a Onan that has a circuit board in it and have had it fail befour. This is a LP gas engine pulling the generator and if you begin to run out of gas the engine will slow down and miss for a while befour it dies. The repairman said this circuit controls the voltage regulator that controls the voltage going to your load. When the engine slows down the voltage regulator does all it can to protect your load till it burns this board up instead of damaging the load. I don't know if I explained this exactly right or not or if this is your situation with your unit. I do know that when it happened to our generator we had run out of gas and the engine had slowed down with the generator still pulling a load. When this happened we could still crank the engine but the generator wouldn't work. The board on the Onan was around $500 several years ago.</p><p>  I think they recommended cutting the main breaker on the generator off befour killing the engine.</p>

Edited by AR Plowboy 1/4/2009 10:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)