AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snowblower power requirements for different designs??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 1/4/2009 08:29 (#556803 - in reply to #556791)
Subject: Re: Snowblower power requirements for different designs??

Aberdeen MS
I was told long time ago from an old timer that max blower RPM should be around 250 for best results. More than that gave very limited increase in distance and just consumed power and fuel. Many years back the county had a 8 footer than could handle 6' high and did it all with a 25 HP Wisconsin and it never quit.

All that has been used here is an IH 80 2 stage for the last 20 years or so. Up until last year, it hung on the back of a 930 Case, now on the MX110 as well. Only 1 bearing on the augers, one cross and numerous shear bolts is all this has gone through. To do a complete "blow" for this yard takes around 2 hours and covers around the footage of a foot ball field. Except in the 96/97 winter, then I contracted with Renville county to clear 15 miles of county road after the plow opened up a single path. But many times I beat the plow and did the initial "punch" as well from Jan through March. It was a nice extra 5K for the winter @ $50/hour. It just didn't quit snowing/blowing that year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)