AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not machinery Motorcycle guys--Harleys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Topshot
Posted 1/4/2009 06:20 (#556774 - in reply to #556607)
Subject: Re: Not machinery Motorcycle guys--Harleys

Near Richmond, IN
I would consider that fairly low mileage for a bike that age and the EVO motor has been a good one. I personally would probably try to get a twin cam engine on a newer bike, but the one you're looking at is probably pretty good too. I'm guessing the dealer won't give him anymore than $6K for it on a trade and if you can get it for $6 or $7K it would be ok, but remember it will cost quite a bit to get it painted even if you strip it down yourself. You can also buy paint sets off of Ebay and just replace them rather than have yours painted-but having yours painted will "personalize" it more.
What are you going to use it for? If you're planning on longer trips I'd definitely get a newer bike, but if not, that one should serve you well.
Another thing to consider is if you buy it and your friend buys a bike from the dealer, see if the dealer will run it through his books as a trade in for your friend. That way it will save him some sales tax money and won't cost you anymore to buy it. Our local Harley dealer will do that for us, which is nice.
Get on Ebay and do a search to see what similar bikes are selling for, but remember, a lot of bikes on there don't actually sell as they don't reach the reserve price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)