AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got the rye planter going
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 10/6/2016 10:02 (#5567032 - in reply to #5566930)
Subject: RE: Got the rye planter going

I think it depends on what part of the programs you sign up for...
for me,
On our restrictions or requirements I should say..they wanted it drilled, planted, and if spread, lightly worked in ( like a disc or VT) . They did not want it spread over the top, then allowed to lay.
I am pretty sure the rules apply for this Fall as well, but both of my county Soil and Water had no problem as long as the rate was to their specs.
Here they want to have a germinated 40lbs. I am kind of an only soldier around with the 15" rows, but many, including the soil and water liked what they saw when they came to do an on site check after the seeding was done and up.

My opinion....I like my 15" better than my drilled...I am going to try and plant my seed rye this year on 10 -15 acres and see how it harvests out....

You may want to check with your Soil and Water though, to make sure you would be in compliance, just to cover your butt...here, they want the fertilizer "deep" placement as well if signed up for that part of program, but this limits sooo many, as most would have to rent a local outfit rig to do that, which is expensive to do, and really does not pay out for many, to be in that part of the program.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)