AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blocking traffic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 10/5/2016 11:02 (#5565117 - in reply to #5565089)
Subject: RE: Blocking traffic

Near-north Ontario, French River
FYI, trucks in Ontario are supposed to be governed at 105 kph. Most out of Province trucks, which is includes that vast majority of US trucks cutting through Ontario on their way to Michigan or New York are probably not governed. FWIW I'm governed to 100kph when set on cruise, 105 with the pedal. I can stomp on the pedal all day long its not going faster than 105 unless I'm going down hill, at which is usually tops out at 110-115max, based entirely on momentum as the governor chops the throttle even if I hold it to the mat. I suspect the guys you were behind were actually running governed, slight inclines and downhills on the road would explain them 95-110kph speeds. Now having said that they were running within what the OPP views as the appropriate speed limit. That how ever doesn't mean one of both of the drivers wasn't been a douche by holding up following traffic. I'm willing to bet at least one of the drivers was a "new Canadian"... just a hunch. In that situation , if I'm in the slow lane, I just let off and let the guy pass before re-engaging the cruise. Really not a big deal. I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't mind the idea of speed limiters, my only beef is that it should apply to everyone. cars and trucks alike.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)