AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Natural gas pipeline easement...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

daddycal
Posted 10/4/2016 19:11 (#5563936 - in reply to #5563903)
Subject: RE: Natural gas pipeline easement...

Montana
We have one across our east end of our Ranch and they often drive right through the crop to check it. I suggest talking with a lot of other land owners and make a coalition if you can. You will save so much if several of you join together and hire one lawyer if you even need one. We negotiated our lease for oil and gas exploration and in our cooperation we had a rancher- lawyer-neighbor, who told me that I could write a clear and easy lease without legal wording. We got a great lease without paying a lawyer.

They will need to monitor the pipeline so I suggest that you get annual crop damage payment. If I had my way I would want a double wall pipeline because I believe the steel can rust through in 30 years and some companies may find it cheaper to let it leak than replace it.

I have read horror stories about leaking lines in Texas owned by I think Koch Industries. What I read, it is cheaper to pay lawsuit settlements than replace a pipeline. So make them put it in real safe and maybe in a plastic, non permeable sleeve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)