AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Winecup-Gamble Ranch for sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cornlover
Posted 10/4/2016 03:28 (#5562831 - in reply to #5562551)
Subject: RE: Winecup-Gamble Ranch for sale

Big country out there, long way to the local store. Closest side of the ranch to me is the old UC ranch headquarters, that is the one in the pictures with the grain elevator by the working corrals. Closest bar/ gas station is in Montello, NV. Ranch is owned by the guy that owned Reebok Sports shoes & clothing. He had it for sale in 2010, but pulled it off market and dumped over 19 million into it. He was asking 50 mill back then. So he's only asking 77 million for it now, so maybe if times were good you could net 3-5% on your investment. However the 25 ranch is for sale out there for only 40 million, just chump change for most guys on AgTalk! LOL.

WineCup has been marketing their cattle on Superior, they usually top the market on light steers 400lbs.+ Always sold them at the Col. Spring Time in the Rockies sale. Couple of years ago they sold those calves over $4. All the cowboys I've known that worked the Winecup were the type that when it came to get off the horse and open a gate, well they always went to spinning and working a horse. Heaven forbid they open a gate! Lot of pump jacks to pump water on that ranch, I'm thinking over 60+ to pump from wells for livestock. They hired a bunch of Peruvians on H2-A visas to work there as well.

If you guys were to buy the place you would have to be members of NCBA, State Cattlemen's, etc. to help keep environmentalists off your butts! As it is prime Sage Grouse, big game habitat, plus with all the live water running through the ranch they keep a close eye on everything that happens on BLM leases. So I think a lot of AgTalkers would have to really change their values to be able to run the WineCup. You would have to be lobbying all the time to save your butts from the enviro's coming after you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)