AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pre-emerge Herbicide Opinion Wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farm4fun
Posted 10/27/2006 06:35 (#55621)
Subject: Pre-emerge Herbicide Opinion Wanted

Looking for the best one-pass pre-emergence herbicide program for corn next year. I know 2 pass pre/post would be more consistant but all my fields are quite small, hilly, and contoured with many point and short rows. All this adds up to be a real pain to spray after the corn is up and the post spray usually times out when we need to make 1st crop hay.

My main weed problem is giant foxtail and it seems to come on very late. So, length of grass control is probably most important. Being a livsestock farm we also have a lot of pigweed and lambsquarters and the usual velvetleaf, ragweed, and waterhemp. I've looked at several different combinations and they all cost about the same so I am looking for opinions from you guys on what you think works best. Some of the combinations I could use:

1) Lumax at 2.5 qt spiked with a 1# atrazine
2) Lexar at 3 qt.
3) Keystone at 2.6 quart with Hornet at 3-4 oz. and 1-1.5# atrazine
4) Full rate of Gen. Bicep, G-max, Harness xtra, or Define spiked with 2 oz. of Balance Pro

With cost being about the same which would you use? Looked at a lot of herbicide ratings from universities and it seems to be a toss-up so looking for some "real world" opinions / experiences. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)