AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Millennials again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 9/25/2016 19:15 (#5548637 - in reply to #5547966)
Subject: RE: Millennials again

Glasgow, Ky
sand85 - 9/25/2016 11:35

I like your wise words -(paraphrased) can't fault someone for wanting to better themselves, and that someone needs to actually understand the job to advance.

I didn't understand that when I was 22. A lot of technology things were easy for me and my generation, and highly valued in the workplace. Humility and an appreciation for years of experience were not things that were easy for me, many of my peers, and we chafed at the seemingly slow pace of accomplishments and workflow from those not as Familiar with technology, perhaps as young generations have before. It took 5 years to begin to understand that.

After a physics beating in engineering school, I now find that communication and leadership skills are my most valuable skills, that that get used the most, and need to be improved the most. The rest is just details. Important details, but to get a group of people motivated to run in the same direction while paying attention to those details - now that is a worthy challenge.

My Pops seems really brilliant now that I am in my 30's.

You have learned well. Leadership skills are something many people never understand or possess. Being in a leadership position can be one of the most rewarding things you can do in life. You can have a tremendous influence on those you work with. I admire you for what you have accomplished already in life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)