AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How'd you make your first million?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

olivetroad
Posted 9/25/2016 11:25 (#5547954 - in reply to #5545820)
Subject: RE: How'd you make your first million?

Kingdom of Callaway - Fulton, Mo 65251

My version of winning the genetic lottery is that none of my forefathers ever divorced, none ever spent a night in jail, and none ever had any addictions other than working hard six days a week. All have worshipped God on Sunday, and lived good, honest lives, while being dedicated to their families.

I have been blessed to live through times where the cupboards were overflowing, and times where we prayed the truck would make it to the sawmill so we had money to stop on the way home at the grocery store.

Some generations passed down gold watches, some passed down land, and some passed down debt.  All passed down the importance of leaving things better than you found them, and to do everything you can to teach the next generation empathy, forgiveness, zest for life, and kindness to others.

My accountant would say I already made my first million.  I started out raking hay one summer for dad and the payment was a bred shorthorn cow.  I had a nice paid for herd from that by the time I married.  All my buddies in school made fun of me for working.  They were going to make so much more the first year of working, that there was no sense in working during school.  Guess how that worked out?

I am currently buying the farm I grew up on from my mother, and a equipment business and farm ground from a aunt.  That would classify me as winning the genetic lottery in some folks brain.  But I work harder than most to just someday be a long forgotten name in a long line of folks that all wanted the same thing.  l have to maintain the line to give my kids the same life education, work ethic, fear of God, and a helping hand up.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)