AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Millennials again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 9/25/2016 10:06 (#5547833 - in reply to #5547454)
Subject: RE: Millennials again

West Texas

Just barely missed being a baby boomer by being born too soon but I call BS on the whole premise that having 3 jobs in 4 years is bad. I could not begin to count the actual number of w-2 forms that I have received from different companies. Way back early while working as a roughneck, truck driver and well service hand, it was not unusual to have 8 to 12 w-2's each year. Some of those jobs were me quitting and some of them were from the jobs finishing up. A person does what he has to do to put groceries on the table and what I did worked for me. As I look back over the years I see that I worked in 8 different states, lived in 37 different towns,  raised 4 kids and managed to give each of them an education. One is a school teacher, one is a respiratory therapist, one is an USDA inspector and one has passed on. Lots of thing about the millennials that I do not agree with but that is nothing different than our parents and grandparents thought about us. They are seeing, hearing and doing things that I could not have even imagined when I was their age. Accept it for what it is, because it is not going to change. In all probability, a millennial most likely wrote that ad.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)