AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Millennials again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

martin
Posted 9/25/2016 07:58 (#5547563 - in reply to #5547454)
Subject: RE: Millennials again

What struck me about that ad is that she named her car.... and she named her car "Brad".  Comes across a bit to me that she had a more stable relationship with "Brad" than her boyfriends.    Yeah, I know SOME people name their cars..... I still find it strange.

On to your question:  yeah, I think that is a bit common.  I had heard that people (younger generation) tend to have, on average, 7 careers in a lifetime.  Well, if 7 is average, think about those people who are "above average".  Here's an interesting Wall Street Journal article on the issue.   Here's another interesting article on your question.

Think about this:  if a person is going to college, and they get a summer job, say, at a cash register at Menard's one summer, and the next summer gets a job stocking shelves at Walmart, those are counted as two different jobs.  It is easy to see how younger people will transition thru entry-level jobs, before they get into a longer-term career.   And I think that adds to the statistics you are seeing.    Still, I think younger generations will go thru more "careers" than, say, Boomers and the Greatest Generation have done.

On a side note, some of those Liberty Mutual commercials drive me crazy.  However, the one that I think is funny is the middle-aged lady who says: "On page 5 of your contract, does it say ____ ?  Nope.  It says "blah,blah,blah,blah,blah.......".   Watch. As she begins the commercial, she has a nice big friendly smile, and as the commercial ends, it goes away.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)