AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How'd you make your first million?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ndsu84
Posted 9/24/2016 14:23 (#5546533 - in reply to #5545820)
Subject: RE: How'd you make your first million?

EC North Dakota
First off, you can't tell yourself it's all about birth and who you are. Family is the most important thing there is in life, but if you ever tell yourself you weren't born with the right parents, you'll never make it.

Start young and find a mentor. I have a friend who started in the hole. Nothing but school debt. He never did anything but copy his mentors but he was genius in selecting fantastic mentors. He did whatever they did, only harder and longer. He just built a project for $100 mil.

Make a 30 year plan. No one does much in less than 30 years without a whole lot of luck.

One of my mentors told me we all make the same profits. Everyone around here is very good at farming. Just some guys spend it all and some save it all. It's not about how much you make, it's how much you save or invest.

You will never get there working for someone else. You have to have initiative and responsibilities.

I have another friend who went to tech school for heating and air conditioning. He worked for an older guy until that guy retired and sold him the business. Today he's 53, has 3 homes worth a million each and his business is huge. He said he hasn't borrowed any money for 20 years. I brought him up because he told me a few years ago that he grew up with his dad flat broke. His dad would constantly tell him that all the rich people in our community were azz----s whose daddy gave them everything. He said I finally realized that's total bs. Those guys worked to build their business.

That guys sister worked for a startup software company. She retired at 50 with multiple millions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)