AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My oldest boy is skipping school tomorrow, during harvest...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

flyinfarmer
Posted 9/23/2016 07:36 (#5544233 - in reply to #5543810)
Subject: RE: My oldest boy is skipping school tomorrow, during harvest...

NE Iowa
When I am putting someone new in a piece of farm equipment (usually the grain cart, but same would be true if in the combine), I tell them not to be a hero. If they get in a position they are not comfortable with or something doesn't seem right, don't just keep going. Stop, assess the situation, and if you need some help, use the radio or phone to call me. My end of the deal is I have to promise not to get mad or laugh at them. One time my daughter called and said she was stuck next the grain cart next to the semi. I couldn't figure that one out until I got there - somehow she had managed to get the cart parked way to close to the rig with the unload auger between the truck and trailer. Still not sure how she did it - she must have worked at it for awhile. I think it took me more than a couple minutes to get it out of there. Anyway - I always pound home the message that they don't need to work at the pace or skill level of my dad or myself, but anything they can do is something that wouldn't have gotten done otherwise. It has worked out well.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)