AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your kids are studying agriculture in college...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGDEAL
Posted 9/18/2016 21:12 (#5536771 - in reply to #5536223)
Subject: RE: If your kids are studying agriculture in college...

Illinois
I graduated college 7 years ago with a double major in agronomy/ agribusiness and a minor in microeconomics. I graduated early with honors. I lived at home for a few years and then on my own.

My dad would ask questions and If he didn't like the answer he would disagree and comment that his way has worked for 35 years and If the professors were good at it they would do it for a living.

My dad hasn't been very open to trying my ideas, but he watches me try them and cherry picks what he likes. He has changed his tune a little. I attribute some of my thinking process to my Ag classes. I try to look at things from an outsider prospective now where I never used to.

In hind sight I wish I would have slowed down in school and paid more attention to retain information longer than my next test. I read my textbooks slowly now because I am trying to learn and remember stuff I should already know.

Any student that wants to farm someday needs to learn about marketing. I still kick myself for not taking more classes on grain marketing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)