AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Resale value
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MTfarm
Posted 12/30/2008 15:56 (#551363 - in reply to #551006)
Subject: RE: Resale value

Shelby, MT
resale is a tricky deal....nobody can perfectly predict the future...JD equipment has been a good bet over the years, of course sometimes you have to pay more for it.(I am not a JD person but truth is truth)...The big question is the, Will this company still be in business 2,5,10 yrs from now....I bet there was alot of Massey owners that didn't think they would go broke and be stuck with 750/850 combine that nobody wanted but would have been ok of the company was still in business......Dodge pickups could be a one in that position in the next year or so,,,but who knows...
What i have notice the stuff that have currently that has the best resale value is the stuff I don't want to get rid of...and the stuff that doesn't is the stuff I wouldn't mind getting rid of......good example is my 7.3 powerstroke has held its value very well even during the high diesel prices....now my 07 ford freestyle.....well thanks to ford now saying they aren't going to update or even make them I am betting I couldn't give the thing away.......The resale game must be important because the Big 3 have been struggling with resale for along time and their sales have been struggling for a long time too....the pickups were one exception. but will prob follow suit......
I subscribed to the B3 resale deal by thinking if I buy the lease return ford for less than the Toyota and since i don't have as much money up front, when I take the hit in the end it will be better.......problem is you just about can't get rid of it when you want out, you have to beg someone to take it....where there is actual interest in the foriegn...

sometimes you don't have intentions when you buy something that you will get rid of it but due to reasons like expansion you need too...

looks like a guy still can't go wrong with a vesatile 895 and a JD 4640/4440
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)