AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NAT approved zero turn mowers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 9/6/2016 21:41 (#5513534 - in reply to #5513288)
Subject: RE: NAT approved zero turn mowers

West Union, Illinois

There is a difference in Deere mowers. There is a "residential grade" and "professional grade".  The pro blades have a higher tip speed.  We had a Deere Z465 and didn't like. Got a Z930r with the 7 iron deck and have been very pleased.  The 465 cut the grass and spit it out.  The 930 cuts it off, chops it up and throws it out. If you tie the deflector up (how I usually run mine) when you go around a building you need to make at least 3 passes throwing away from the building or it throws grass all over it.  It will do a very fine job on a lawn, and cut things a mower shouldn't be asked to cut.  Blooming red clover does take 2 passes.

One advantage the Deere has is our local dealer. They have one service tech who only does mowers, and they treat mowers like tractors. We had a Z520a with a Kohler V-twin (when we sold our house it stayed with the property).  It blew a head gasket.  I called a local other brand dealer  that is a lot closer than the Deere dealer.  "We just sold our last one.  I can have one in 3 weeks"  Called the Deere dealer, "Just sold the last one.  I'll have you one in the morning."

In fact we were so pleased when Mom replaced her Woods she got a Z920.

If I could afford it I'd get Tweels for mine

I mentioned it does things you shouldn't do with a mower.  Here are a couple photos, before and after 2 passes.

Edited by Mike SE IL 9/6/2016 22:13

(mowing door yard.jpg)

(mowing door yard finished.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mowing door yard.jpg (85KB - 151 downloads)
Attachments mowing door yard finished.jpg (161KB - 172 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)