AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loading Timpte with air bags
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 12/30/2008 00:05 (#550781 - in reply to #550656)
Subject: RE: Loading Timpte with air bags

Your net is going to depend on your empty weight, but the air pressure when you are loaded will always be the same on level ground because it is just sensing loaded weight on the ground, not the net bushels.

We've got a 98 and on 02 that both load the same. Trucks are all T600's, other combo's might be different.

We load the front right over the top of the landing gear, move at 42lbs under an auger wagon unloading fast, about 46 lbs under a spout in an overhead.

We go to the rear right on top of the air box or close to it and load the rear until the trailer guage is at 70 psi straight up. The truck will be showing 60 then. That will have 46,000 on the tractor and 34,000 on the trailer for us.

If you are trying to load everything from the trailer guage I think you load the front until the trailer has about 24 lbs in it then move forward. It will get you close, but it's not nearly as accurate as having a guage on the truck bags.

DO NOT FORGET and always keep your trailer brakes released when you are loading, on ours the trailer tanks don't have enough air to put 70 psi in the guage and you will be standing there looking at the guage wondering why it's not full yet when it starts raining down your neck...don't ask me how I know.

Edited by Ray (ecks) 12/30/2008 00:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)