AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me about an 04 Dodge Cummins 2500...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 12/29/2008 21:54 (#550560)
Subject: Tell me about an 04 Dodge Cummins 2500...

Mid-Missouri
Looking at an 04 2500 Cummins with auto, 90,000 miles. Not very up to date on this new of truck and I haven't seen it yet. What is your opinion on it. Full four-door, manual 4x4 shifter, black, 3.73 gears, 11.5 inch rear, alloy wheels. I believe it is an SLT package. What does the laramie possibly have the SLT doesn't? Cloth seats, and seven speaker infinity radio, is that radio any better that standard? Is the 4 speed 48RE better than earlier dodge automatics? I have heard of a heaver transfer case offered on 3/4 ton and probably standard on 1 ton, how can I tell if it has that? Is the solid front axle heavy enough, as I see several new dodges for sale claiming to have rebuilt front axles such as ball joints? I believe this is the first year for common rail on Cummins. Are they dependable and any worse than an updated, newer common rail? Overall, mechanically, what can I look for on this newer truck for signs of trouble? I know the dodge isn't quite the cadillac of trucks but the cummins appeals to me. What do you think this truck is worth in above average, mainly city use driving? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)