AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer Hi-Bred acquires MapShots
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 12/29/2008 20:32 (#550447 - in reply to #550303)
Subject: RE: Pioneer Hi-Bred acquires MapShots

SE IL
I agree. I plant P because it works for me and last fall DSM wanted raw yield data to map and I said no you can have processed/corrected data because raw data "aint worth the paper its printed on". Well that threw them all for a loop at Johnston, had to get some somebody involved besides the peons. Finally got the maps but no farm/field names just numbers. I have looked at this stuff so long I know by looking at map what they are but not something you would want to give a landlord. I have pretty much quit printing maps as a matter of course anyway. Only if there is something unique or if there was a plot that I want to show to someone. I don't need another binder collecting dust on the shelf. After looking at them on the desktop for 12 years the excitement has kinda waned. You either do something about the low yielding areas or you live with it. Dad still likes to look at them tho so its kinda nice there. Does anyone think that they won't want to buy this program now? What will the support be down the road? I have been contemplating purchasing this program but will I be able to get it for free from P? Lots of changes now and more coming for sure. But also lots of new ideas/thinking. What seems sure today may not tomorrow. How ideas get monetized is changing rapidly. All depends on "perceived value". Sorry for the ramble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)