AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Yield and Moisture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 8/31/2016 20:57 (#5502202 - in reply to #5502161)
Subject: RE: Corn Yield and Moisture

Morris, IL
I've been to the middle of fields and it does looks pretty much the same as 12 rows in. Average ear is 16x40, i've pulled probably a hundred of them feels like, most fields all look the same. Some hybrids put on 18, few 20's mixed in, i just break them open if they are same size of 16 i consider them 16. Lot of times a 18 cancels a 14 and very little actual size difference in the end.

I didn't kernel count these ears today, i'm trying to work backwards but what does a 16x40 equal for kernels per bushel at those weights. I'm thinking 65k which i've seen but i don't think it will this year, bit to much heat.

I'm going to keep track of where i took these samples and see what monitor shows up. I think last year i did a couple of these weights and i was 25 bushel higher then it actually did. But man even figuring that is still has a 3 in front. I really don't buy it, it's good but not that good.

This is just mono crop fields, strip crop isn't this far along yet. The first dryer corn, 108 day is Strip till COC going on 4 or so year. The second was wheat last year and oats/radish last august.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)